Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Paper Lord


Raw materials for paper making. Paint can, rug, paper and blender acquired from where people discarded them in the street. Ice cream container bought by flatmate from dairy (Milk Bar) around the corner for about $6.00. Notice power cables safely tucked at least 25 cms away from water.

Large barbeque lid acquired (stolen) from outside an Op shop. Used in an upside down fashion for the pulp bath. Using some strips of Gaffer tape (A strong type of selotape) I taped over the vent in the lid and a couple holes to prevent the water (H20) from leaking.

Mesh ($3.50 for a metre) and picture frame with metal 1cm chicken wire ($6.50 for a metre) gaffered into it. I utilise these on large plastic wheelie bins that are supplied by the council for paper making. They are a good height to work at to prevent back ache. It is important to bend your knees when going low.

Okay after a bit of tomfoolery I have these sheets of paper that are drying out on this crappy deck chair that i scored from the street. They are sandwiched between newspapers (free from wheelie bin outside newsagent) and cut up sheets that I borrowed from outside the op shop.

The first test piece. Just lovely.

Close up shot. You can see where I almost chopped off my finger when i was a lad. Walked into my folks room with it hanging by the skin. Hee! Hee!

Nothing to do with paper production but re-read Ubik last week and re-blew my mind. especially felt a bolt when one character said: "My name is Matt, although some people call me Billy..."

No comments: