Monday, March 21, 2011

Smukey The Sexy Bear Script



Click to Embiggen! Haw! Haw!


This is my script for Smukey The Sexy Bear . Like a lot of my gags I wrote this whilst working the day job. If I can get the idea down with a few shorthand notes and lines of dialogue I do that and then make a stick figure script like this one on a scrap of paper or in one of the many exercise books floating around my house. After I get all the panels down I number them and then make adjustments if necessary to fit them onto pages usually of four, five, or six panels. If I can help it I try to use six panel pages which gives me almost square panels to work with rather than rectangles which I can't jibe with unless I'm trying to do some kind of panoramic landscape. After I draw the comic I letter the inked pages before colouring and remove any uneccessary dialogue. Usually heaps of swearing and profanity goes by the wayside at this point. Unless it is really funny profanity.

No comments: