Sunday, May 29, 2011

Camberwell Haul #7





A nice stash of French comic albums...A Massive Moebius collection and an equally massive Druillet one. Lots of amazing Sci-Fi and fantasy artwork, Psychedelic colours, Mind bending futuristic city-scapes, and a steal at 5 Bananas a book. Also a couple Druillet Hardcovers from Dargaud, there were more there but i was trying to exercise restraint. 

A book of Fonts for Showcards and ticket writing from ye olde days for 2 pesos.
Ballantyne #1, 64 page collection of Australian newspaper strips for 5 rubles

A beaten up Dell comic, The Outer Limits #11, 4 shillings, Something to remind me that I have the complete original series of The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone lying around here waiting for me to watch them.

A hardcover collection of Richard Corben's work including a biography, flicking through it I noticed a section on his working processes which looks very interesting. love Corben's work, when I was fifteen a fellow was advertising comics for sale in the local paper (waaay pre-internet). I went, picked up a few goodies with my paper run wages including one of Corben's Den albums. He told me he was a drug dealer in Australia and was visiting his parents in Napier. He had laundered his money by spending $50,000 on comics. "The cops would never believe comics could be worth $50,000!!" he told me. Then he shipped them over to Napier. This was in the eighties and from the amount and quality of comics he had I believed him. I visited him one more time at his parents house were he had stashed all the comics in their attic. I can't remember for the life of me remember where that was though. I often wonder if the guy ended up a casualty of the gang wars in Australia and maybe those comics are still there.


Mackillop Lane



Yarra River


Little Brown Bear Sleeping


Mitch, Dom and Troy the handsome men at All star Comics

 Some Impressive Druillet Splashes



A bunch of books from 25 cent bins. Loved Peter MIlligan's work for 2000AD, his Human Target revamp for Vertigo, and also his collaboration with Michael Allred on X-Force and X-Statix. Duncan Fegredo's no slouch either so looking forward to reading their collaboration on Enigma. Also a bunch of Comikers I dig, Cam Kennedy, Eddie Campbell, Steve Rude, Hembeck, Mike Mignola, on various projects. Also some...ahem...supey-hero comics.

No comments: