Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Comical Weekend



Saturday I popped into my Local Comics Shop to pick up a few of the free comic book day comics.


 Alternate Worlds, closing down, moving online, or to a new premises or something.


 Alternate Worlds Youngblood, Eric Bing, and some local hack


Sweet Larry Boxshall, he sold a heckload of comics for me.

Then I jumped on my pushbike and went for a sweet ride to the city to visit All Star Comics and the Melbourne Comic Meet-Up in Carlton.


All Star Comics was busy as heck


You wouldn't like Dom when he works retail


 Spidey-Man


 The lovely Katie Houghton-Ward sketchs and signs for fans.


 Joey Morris eyes up some freebies


 Paul 'Fierce' Bedford


 The Mighty Jolly Thor mans the till

Hopped a tram with 'Bedlam' Bedford and 'Maniacal' Mutard to the Prince Alfred in Carlton for the Melbourne Comic meet-up.


 Fred Atkins plays charades with Steve Sparke






Trev Wood shows Tom Taylor some dimensions whilst Paul Bedford glowers


 Here are some pics by Jean Cocteau from the New English Library edition of his Novel, Opium, The Diary of A Cure.
 
  
Here is a Horse with a hat that Miss Mai put into my coffee for me.

No comments: