Monday, April 18, 2011

All and Sundry #1



A couple pages from Wendy & Warlord #0. One of the few collaborations I've done from several years ago. My pal Karlos inked digitally over my pitiful pencils and my other pal MC Stormtroopa coloured the cover. Wendy was supposed to be a preview for a complete story in the #1 issue that was never finished. I wrote a sequel when I moved to Melbourne, Wendy & Warlord Make Revenge but instead of drawing it I drank lots of beer. Would love to come back to this one day. I'm writing a little article for an upcoming comic about some of the abandoned projects, zines and mini-comic of my youth.



Bought a couple old DC Sci-Fi anthology books on Ebay for a few coconuts. Love these giant size books from the 70's. A lot of Charlton artist's that Dick Giordano bought to DC that I dig from the day, Ditko, Grandenetti, Giordano, Tom Sutton, Don Newton.  The bulk of the colouring is by Adrienne Roy, who sadly passed away recently. I remember her name being synonymous with a lot of books I read as a kid. I rarely paid attention to colourist's but her name would come up so often I couldn't help but notice it. Looking at the credit's most of the folk on these books are no longer with us. Ditko is still going strong, recently the upcoming publication of his thirteenth comic in three years was announced. It's almost as if the attention Blake Bell and Simon Yoe's books have given his work has re-energised his creativity, although I'm sure he cares not for those books or his work from the past.

Here's a sweet Ditko 6 pager from Timewarp #1




 


  Here's a few panels from an adventure story that I won't be serialising online. Colours by the lovely Miss Mai.



 Some ideas for a music video that never got made


I knew If I looked hard enough on the Internet this would exist


 

Another rainy day comic

Sketch from Life Drawing Class

No comments: