Sunday, April 17, 2011

Supanova Melbourne April 9-10 2011 + The List Volume III Launch


Last weekend's Supanova in Melbourne was the best Con I've been to yet. Well attended with Saturday's crowd about equal to both day's last year. I had a plum spot opposite the Auditorium where regular streams of folk would spill towards me after each panel. Met a lot of lovely folk that had read my work previously and I sold out of the 25 posters I had brought by early Sunday. I wish I had finished a new book as there were certain folk that had everything I've done. From the sounds of things everyone in artist alley were happy with the weekend's proceedings. The new larger shed was great for the size of the crowd that turned up. Still three or four more conventions this year I hope the rest are as good as this one. Special thanks to Trev Wood and Greg Gates for minding my table when I had to duck out.


Bruce Mutard, Greg Gates and Philip Bentley


Henry Pop, artist of the List, and some crazy homeless guy

The List Volume III Launch at Loop Bar followed Supanova on Saturday. Me and Bren rocked in as the speeches started. Mc'ed by Trev Wood, it was a tight affair with brief speeches from creators Writer - Paul Bedford, Penciler - Henry Pop and Inker - Tom Bonin and then an excellent audio visual presentation of key moments form the new book from Trev Wood. Culminating five years of work the fellas have pulled out all the stops in creating the final volume weighing in at just over 100 pages. The List team had a remastered version of Volume one at Supanova over the weekend and further down the track they'll be offering a collected version of all three volumes. 


 The first time Henry Pop has smiled since starting The List five years ago

Mighty congrats to the guys for seeing this labour of love through to the finish line. Anyone stupid enough to be making comics in a serious fashion knows the amount of work that goes into making a complete book, If you worked out an hourly rate it would be a pittance with the amount of time involved. I think it is very rare that an entire story is completed like this, so many creators burn out and give up after an issue or two. There are a lot of unfinished to be continued's in the comic book world. Check out The List here.

Buy The List online at Paul's Secret Sack



Gentleman Greg Gates and Boisterous Brendan Halyday


Handsome Trev Wood the Illustrative half of Sawbones

A few Sydney comikers were in town including Jan Scherpenhuizen of The Twilight Age

  
Animator and Cartoonist double threat Frank Candiloro and Brendan 'Bi' Halyday


 Bobby N, Darren Close and Tom Bonin. I won't give them nicknames cause each one of them could smash me with deadly force.


 Chris Sequeira tells Paul Bedford the Secrets of the Universe


Paul Abtruse in repose

No comments: